Opening Date: May 20, 2015
Closing Date: June 3, 2015
Salary: Grade Level 39/0 ($36,815 per annum)
Program: OSRWSS Mni Wiconi Water
Location: Ft. Pierre/Pierre, SD
Water Treatment Plant/Coreline (Must relocate)
General Description of Duties:
The Mni Wiconi Water Treatment Plant/Coreline Field Supervisor will be responsible for the operation and maintenance, and replacement of the Core System of the Oglala Sioux Rural Water Supply System. The Coreline Field Supervisor will develop and administer, the scheduling of duties for the Coreline operations. The Coreline Field Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of the Coreline Operators. The Coreline Field Supervisor will work closely with the Water Treatment Plant Manager and Supervisor/Lead Operator to assure customers of the Mni Wiconi Project will have safe and adequate drinking water. The Coreline Field Supervisor will be under the direct supervision of the Mni Wiconi Water Treatment Plant Manager.
1. Develop and administer scheduling assignments for the operators for preventative maintenance for the Coreline Systems operations.
2. Develop work plans for the operations and maintenance, including preventative and routine maintenance to ensure proper operation and maintenance of the Core System.
3. Develop and administer a water-testing program that complies with the Safe Drinking Water Act, including water sampling, testing and record keeping.
4. Supervise Coreline Operators and perform a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks in the operation of OSRWSS distribution system including water pipeline breaks and/or systems malfunctions.
5. Supervise and perform routine maintenance and repair of pumps, control valves, meters, strainers, hydrants and pipeline. Including, developing an annual routine inspection, exercising and maintenance schedule.
6. Supervise and perform carpentry, plumbing and electrical duties as may be required.
7. Supervise and perform water quality testing, including water sampling.
8. Supervise and perform grounds maintenance for tank sites, booster stations, PRV’s, control vaults, master meter vaults, surge tanks, and transducers.
9. Supervise and perform general operation and maintenance duties required at the water treatment plant, including laboratory analysis and other related work.
10. Supervise and perform routine cleaning maintenance of elevated tanks and underground reservoirs on the Coreline distribution system.
11. Maintain and service, tools and equipment used by the distribution system maintenance.
12. Maintain accurate records and logs on operating conditions of booster station, control vaults, PRV’s, master meters, etc.
13. Must have knowledge of cathodic protection, centrifugal pumps and cross connections.
14. Must know proper procedures of handling caustic chemicals related to water treatment (chloride/fluoride).
15. Assist in the design and fabrication of a variety of tools, pumps, valves and piping systems.
16. Work with OSRWSS Contractors to install and provide new services.
17. Perform water user related service calls.
18. Assist in the resolution of water users and/or landowner claims and/or complaints.
19. Work on-call weekends and holidays. Also be available for after hour maintenance, emergency calls.
20. Flexible to work with the Lower Brule Sioux Tribe, Rosebud Sioux Tribe, West River/Lyman Jones, Bureau of Reclamation and project engineers.
21. Must have knowledge or become familiar with Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) safe practices.
Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Must have knowledge of operation, maintenance and routine repair of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical machinery.
2. Must have knowledge of tools, supplies and materials used to perform electrical, hydraulic and mechanical tasks.
3. Must have knowledge of safety and efficient work practices and procedures.
4. Must be familiar with general water system operations and maintenance.
5. Must be familiar with installation of different types and sizes of pipe.
6. Must have knowledge of general construction practices.
7. Must have knowledge of tribal, federal and state agencies that impact and regulate environmental laws dealing with water quality standards and regulations.
8. Must be able to read blueprints, construction drawings and as-builts.
9. Must have basic computer skills.
10. Have the ability to perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks on electrical, hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
11. Must have the ability to identify electrical, hydraulic and mechanical problems and recommend corrective courses of action.
12. Must be physically capable of lifting materials, up to 100 lbs.
13. Must be able to maintain precise and accurate records.
14. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with others, especially the public.
15. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
16. Must be able to understand and follow directions.
17. Must be able to perform duties independently.
18. Must be able to work in emergency situations as necessary.
19. Must have the ability to use power and tools effectively in repair and maintenance tasks.
20. Must be able to operate rubber-tired backhoe, track hoe, dozer and skid steer loader.
21. Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical hydraulic and mechanical equipment and machinery.
22. Must possess a High School Diploma or GED,
must have a minimum of three (3) years of Supervisory experience in the operation and maintenance of a municipal or rural distribution system, or in a related field.
23. Must possess a valid SD Drivers License.
24. Shall have Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire.
25. Shall have an EPA recognized Class I Water Distribution Certification and have the ability to obtain an EPA recognized II Water Distribution Certification within one (1) year of hire.
26. Must be willing to live/relocate in the Ft. Pierre/Pierre area.
27. Other duties as assigned.
For Application please contact