Provide general supervision of Wastewater Operators working at the Wastewater Treatment Plant in the Division of Public Works including assign and direct work, monitor and evaluate performance, and effectively recommend the hiring, transfer, suspension and discharge of supervised employees to the Utilities Manager, and effectively recommend the adjustment of employee grievances. This position also operates equipment and performs duties involving the repair and maintenance of equipment, the repair and maintenance of the Wastewater Plant and other Wastewater repairs.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of six years of responsible experience in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant including two years of supervisory responsibility.
- Possession of a valid Class A Wastewater Operator Certificate.
- Type IV Land Application of Sludge Certification, and a valid Minnesota class “B” vehicle operator’ s license and tanker endorsement or the ability to acquire both within six months of employment is required; or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Windows based computer application software experience required.
- Associate’s Degree or vocational training in wastewater plant operations or related field.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $78,956 - $90,708
HOURS OF WORK:
Business hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Must respond to emergency situations.
TO APPLY: City job application and complete job description is available online www.ci.northfield.mn.us
Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Monday, October 22, 2018.
The City of Northfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer