The Walworth County Metropolitan Sewage District (WalCoMet) is recruiting a talented Wastewater Operational Specialist to join their management team. This position will function as the District’s pretreatment coordinator and assist in the development and enhancement of the mapping and GIS program, the asset management program and the predictive maintenance program.
The Walworth County Metropolitan Sewage District (WalCoMet) headquarters are in Delavan Wisconsin. Delavan is small full service community that is located in the heart of the Southeast Wisconsin lakes region where outdoor opportunities abound. The WalCoMet service area is only 45 minutes from Metro – Milwaukee. An individual can take advantage of the conveniences offered by a major metroplex while enjoying the small city atmosphere the WalCoMet Service area offers.
• Maintain a good working relationship with industrial users; performing inspections, user monitoring, and facilitate the collections of flow data and wastewater samples
• Confer with industrial users regarding industrial pollution problems and work to resolve issues, reduce discharges and develop pretreatment processes
• Enforce all WalCoMet, local, state and federal regulations on industrial pretreatment
• Support the completion and submission of semi-annual and annual reports to the DNR or EPA
• Maintain good working relationships with regulatory agencies and knowledge of developing regulations
• Write permits for industrial dischargers
• Present to stakeholder groups, entities and the WalCoMet Commission
• Support the maintenance, implementation and upgrades of WalCoMet’s written Industrial Pretreatment program
• Oversee the operational procedures of sampling devices, practices and techniques
• Remain current on operational and laboratory safety practices and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Associate degree in environmental related course work or equivalent training and experience.
• Experienced in reading and understanding applicable industry manuals, blueprints, and schematics.
• Familiar with telemetry and SCADA systems.
• Ability to perform manual work involving lifting, climbing and crouching, etc.
• Knowledge of PPE requirements.
• Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver's License is required.
• Knowledge of confined space entry programs.
• Knowledge of District, State, and Federal safety standards as they relate to this position.
• Ability to obtain a State Certification – Basic Wastewater Treatment and Basic Collection Systems within first six months of employment.
The salary range for this position is $25.65 / hour to $28.39 / hour
To apply please complete the application on the WalCoMet website and return to Jobs@walcomet.com